CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
We are convinced that the management of the company must be aware for the impacts that generates its activity in clients, employees, local communities, environment and society in general. In this way we have established five principles that serve as a permanent guide for our Corporate Social and Environmental Responsibility:
- Compliance with legislation. Absolute compliance with current national legislation and with international guidelines (ILO, Universal Declaration of Human Rights, United Nations Standards on the Responsibilities of Transnational Corporations and other Business Enterprises about Human Rights, OECD guidelines).
- It must be global and transversal. That is, it affects all the business areas of the company and its subsidiaries, as well as all the geographical areas where we develop our activity. Therefore, it affects the entire value chain necessary for the development of our activity, provision of the service or production of the good.
- Ethics and coherence. It involves objective ethical commitments that become an obligation for us in this way. There must be consistency between the public commitments acquired with the business strategies and decisions, otherwise it will become a mere management of the reputation.
- Impact management. The impacts generated by our business activity in the social, environmental and economic concerns. For its management it is essential to identify, prevent and mitigate the possible adverse consequences that may occur.
- Satisfaction of expectations and needs. Satisfaction and information of the expectations and needs of the people to which we are directed. Processes should be generated that integrate their social, environmental and ethical concerns in business operations and strategy, so as to generate value not only for the company but for all concerned people and the whole society.
The above principles are reflected in our Corporate Social Responsibility Report:
At Glass Chemicals we also want to collaborate, even modestly, in supporting disadvantaged groups or those who demand help around us. That is why we collaborate with the Juegaterapia Foundation, dedicated to supporting children suffering from cancer who receive chemotherapy treatment in hospitals through the benefits that the game has in hospitalized children away from home, away from their families and in an unknown place.
CORPORATE ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY
Glass Chemicals was one of the first companies in the sector to have the UNE-EN ISO 14001 certification “Environmental Management Systems. Requirements with guidance for use”.
The Management of Glass Chemicals has decided to include this standard of environmental quality in the Integrated Management Policy, which is based on the following commitments:
- Commitment to comply with all requirements, whether legal, regulatory, contractual or otherwise, that are applicable to us because of our activity, both in the field of performance of our services and in the environmental and health and safety, so that our action in no case can contravene the legal requirements and specifications established by the different public administrations.
- Commitment to carry out our work within a management environment that guarantees the maintenance and continuous improvement in our processes, in our methods of action and in our relations with stakeholders, through the establishment and periodic review of our objectives Quality, environmental and safety and health.
- Commitment to environmental protection, including pollution prevention, through actions and measures aimed at controlling and minimizing our environmental aspects.
- Commitment to provide safe and healthy working conditions, through actions and measures aimed at improving facilities and processes that allow the prevention of work-related injuries and health deterioration, both of the workers of our workplace, as of those jobs on which we have influence or ability to act with the objective of eliminating hazards and reducing risks to occupational safety and health.
- Communication and participation commitment, establishing mechanisms to ensure consultation and participation of workers and workers’ representatives.
- Commitment to promote a compression and dissemination of our quality, environmental and health and safety policy within our organization, through continuous training and communication with our staff.
- Commitment to make our quality, environmental and safety and health policy publicly available to interested parties for their knowledge.