CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
We are convinced that the management of the company must be aware for the impacts that generates its activity in clients, employees, local communities, environment and society in general. In this way we have established five principles that serve as a permanent guide for our Corporate Social and Environmental Responsibility:
- Compliance with legislation. Absolute compliance with current national legislation and with international guidelines (ILO, Universal Declaration of Human Rights, United Nations Standards on the Responsibilities of Transnational Corporations and other Business Enterprises about Human Rights, OECD guidelines).
- It must be global and transversal. That is, it affects all the business areas of the company and its subsidiaries, as well as all the geographical areas where we develop our activity. Therefore, it affects the entire value chain necessary for the development of our activity, provision of the service or production of the good.
- Ethics and coherence. It involves objective ethical commitments that become an obligation for us in this way. There must be consistency between the public commitments acquired with the business strategies and decisions, otherwise it will become a mere management of the reputation.
- Impact management. The impacts generated by our business activity in the social, environmental and economic concerns. For its management it is essential to identify, prevent and mitigate the possible adverse consequences that may occur.
- Satisfaction of expectations and needs. Satisfaction and information of the expectations and needs of the people to which we are directed. Processes should be generated that integrate their social, environmental and ethical concerns in business operations and strategy, so as to generate value not only for the company but for all concerned people and the whole society.
The above principles are reflected in our Corporate Social Responsibility Report:
CORPORATE ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY
Glass Chemicals was one of the first companies in the sector to have the UNE-EN ISO 14001 certification “Environmental Management Systems. Requirements with guidance for use”.
The Management of Glass Chemicals has decided to include this standard of environmental quality in the Integrated Management Policy, which is based on the following commitments:
- Commitment to comply with all requirements, whether legal, regulatory, contractual or otherwise, that are applicable to us due to our activity, both related with our activities and with the environment, so that our action in no case may contravene the legal requirements and specifications established by Public Entities.
- Commitment to conduct our work within a management system that guarantees the maintenance and continuous improvement in our processes, our methods of action and our relations with the interested parties, through the establishment and periodic review of our quality objectives and our environmental objectives.
- Commitment to prevent pollution, through actions and measures aimed to prevent any type of pollution that could be caused by operations due to our activity.
- Commitment to promote an comprehensive difussion of our quality policy and environmental policy within our organization, through training and continuous communication with our staff.
- Commitment to make available and made public for anyone interested our policy of quality and environmental management, for their knowledge.